Saturday, June 10, 2017

Guest Blogger Lindsey Knott: Rejection


The spirit of rejection. It's a big one for me. I think I'm finally rid of it and then I uncover a bit more still deep within me, hiding, clawing, and trying to alter my relationship with God.

It's as if rejection mimics the properties of broken glass. You think you have finally removed every last shard of glass, but then you step on a tiny sliver when you least expect it. Recently, God lovingly unveiled a tiny remnant left behind. You see, I want to go deeper in Him. I know it is available. I know He is offering it to me, as He is to all of us.

Yet, when I feel I'm on the brink of something deeper, I wonder if He will really pull through. Why?

I don't think I'm lacking in faith that He can do it. But I am lacking in faith that it will actually happen to me - if He really wants to do that for me.

Of course, the answer is an unrestrained and resounding YES! Our God is personal and relational. Each of His promises are for every single person on earth, yet they are also hand crafted for each individual. Yes, He does love everyone. But specifically He loves YOU. He loves ME. Beyond our comprehension, He is simultaneously inviting all of humanity and each individual into His all-encompassing depths. We need not fear rejection from such a loving and faithful Father. 

In the face of truth, we can bind rejection. Our Daddy redeemed us and sanctified us. We are no longer something old, but a new creation. We are His beloved children. Rejection is no longer ours to bear. Instead, we can wear love and share it with everyone we encounter.
______
Guest blogger Lindsey Knott blogs at Love the Learning. (follow the link to read more)

Please like and share if this blog post has touched your heart. It extends our digital reach in significant ways. Thank you.

In case you missed it, here's the link to yesterday's post: Invading the Darkness with Light

If you feel led to partner with this ministry (US, Jordan, the digital world), here's the link to give your tax-deductible donations: Global Outreach Acct 4841 

Or you can mail your check or money order to: Global Outreach/ PO Box 1, Tupelo MS 38802. Be sure to put Account 4841 in the "for" line.

No comments:

Post a Comment