Saturday, February 25, 2017

The High Maintenance Missionary and The Frontal Assault


I'm using the photo of the empty tomb today because it's a symbol of the resurrection power available to us. When Jesus arose, He conquered sin and death. He defeated the enemy of our soul. 

When He ascended into heaven, He made it perfectly clear. That same resurrection power is available to us.

"All authority is given to me... I am with you..." (Matthew 28:19-20) 

"Anyone who believes in Me will do the same works I have done, and even greater works, because I am going to be with the Father." (John 14:12)

He's with us. We can access His power. That's the truth in which we're supposed to live.

Paul also shared some truth that highlights how much we need Jesus' resurrection power. Ephesians 6 tells us, "our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the powers, against the world forces of this darkness, against the spiritual forces of wickedness in the heavenly places." (Ephesians 6:12)

The struggle is real. The power against which we battle is strong. 

BUT CHRIST... 

He has all the power we need to defeat this dreadful foe. We simply need to don our armor, stand firm, and use our only offensive weapon, which is the sword of the Spirit, the Word of God. 

I've had to remind myself of this truth over the last two days. As you probably know, if you've been reading my blog, I'll soon be leaving for the Middle East, where I'll be encouraging the remnant of the church and praying God breathes life back into the fading embers of faith that remain. I believe He will. I also believe He will use it to help trigger worldwide revival.

I knew, when I started speaking this out loud, that the enemy of our soul wouldn't be happy. I'm not surprised that crazy things, seemingly designed to stop the progress of the plan, have begun to happen. 

In case this ever happens to you (which I kinda hope you will experience, because that will mean you're doing something useful in the kingdom of God), here's what you do.

Mentally put on the girdle of truth, the helmet of salvation, the breastplate of righteousness, the boots of peace. Pick up the shield of faith and hold it in front of you. When you do, the fiery darts of the enemy will bounce off.

Here's how that looks for me right now: I'm positive that I'm supposed to do this, and I'm doing it if I have to crawl to the plane and crawl off again. I'm going. 

Determining to persevere is critical. 

Once that decision is made, it doesn't matter what tactics the enemy uses. I'm still going. I've thought through all the things that could happen, and determined that I can press on anyway.

The safest place for a warrior is in the midst of the battle, not looking off the housetop. King David's experience with Bathsheba taught us that. 

Armor, though, is only for defense. 

If we want the fiery darts to stop, we have to use our only offensive weapon, which is the Word of God. 

Speak aloud all the verses you've memorized. Say them with conviction. Claim them for yourself. Wield your sword.

Look up and read aloud all the verses that relate to your particular battle. Today, I'm reading and speaking the verses about health, because that's the kind of battle those who are participating in the upcoming trip are experiencing (including me).

It's pretty simple. We have an offensive weapon, but we seldom use it to great effectiveness. Why not? I'm afraid it's because don't know the word of God well enough to wield it like a sword. It's why I stress Bible study so much. You can't use what you don't know.

If you're going through a fiery dart, all-out-assault time, it's certainly wise to don your armor. If you want to win the battle, rather than merely outlast it, you will have to use the Sword Of God, which is His Word.

Today, use a concordance or Google if you need help finding useful verses, but start praying Scripture. 

Claim what you read. Live what you know.

If you don't need warfare verses, I certainly do, so spend a little time praying for me and the upcoming mission. (Even if you do need warfare verses, please pray at least one of them my way.) 

We don't have to live under siege. 

We can stop the fiery darts with our shield of faith. We can stop the dart-thrower, at least temporarily, with our Sword.

Warriors, take your places. Don your armor. Hold your shield. Slash away with your sword. We face a real foe, but a defeated one. 

Choose to live in victory.
__________
If you've been touched or encouraged by this post, please share it. Your likes and shares, offered as a kind of digital mission work, greatly increase our reach.

In case you missed yesterday's post, here's the link: The High Maintenance Missionary 

This ministry is so much more than a blog. Speaking. Teaching. Hands-on outreach. Connecting with and encouraging missionaries around the world. It's only possible because of the generosity of your support. 

Together, we're making progress, but help is still needed. (I don't get a salary until this ministry is funded) If God has called you to help, here's the link to give your tax-deductible donations: Global Outreach Acct 4841 or you can mail your  check or money order to:
Global Outreach/ PO Box 1, Tupelo MS 38802. Be sure to put Account 4841 in the "for" line.
#prayer 

                

No comments:

Post a Comment