Tuesday, November 8, 2016

Do More Than Vote Your Beliefs: Live Them


Today is election day, and I'm praying that the citizens of this country go to the polls and vote their convictions. 

I'm praying that God will not give us what we deserve. 

Judging by the two candidates, I don't know how He will avoid that, but we will get what we have chosen, one way or the other.

Tomorrow, we will have a new president-elect. (If there is not a hanging chad or other crazy problem.) Fellow Christians, whichever candidate wins the election, WE will have a new president. Not for some of the people, but for ALL of the people. 

It will be the candidate God has allowed. If you don't believe me on that, read Romans 13:1.

Regardless of who is elected, I'm going to do what Christians are supposed to do. Pray for those in authority. Whether they are my choice or not. I'm going to be subject to the governing authority, just as Bible-believers are supposed to do. I'll be careful about what I say, because I understand how much damage my tongue can do, just as James tells us.

I hope we'll all do the same.

If we want to change this country, and I hope we do, fellow Christians, we will not change it with grumbling or name-calling or spiteful posts on social media. We will change it by getting on our knees, humbling ourselves, repenting of our sin, and praying, then getting involved and working for good and not evil.

After we vote our beliefs, let's be sure we live them, too.

"Let every person be in subjection to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and those which exist are established by God." Romans 13:1 nasb
__________
In case you missed yesterday's post, here's the link: Is Your Faith Big Enough to Receive a Miracle 
#Election2016 #liveit



No comments:

Post a Comment