Saturday, April 16, 2016

Lessons from Sam: The Importance of Your Word

    

Today is the last in our Sam Series, at least for a while. There's been such a nice response that Sam will definitely be featured again. I'm glad you've loved him, because I surely do.

I asked Sam what his best piece of advice was. What he said didn't surprise me at all.

"You're only as good as your word, so keep it."

Sam's lived that way as long as I've known him, and I suspect his father before him lived that way, too. Sam's yes is always yes. His no is always no.

If he says he'll do something, he does it. If he says he won't do something, he won't.

He handled his marriage that way and he handles every other aspect of his life that way, too. Because of his faithfulness to his word, I know I can count on him.

The reason Sam lives this way is two-fold. First, it's the right thing to do. Second, it's the way God behaves toward us. 

"God is not a man that He should lie, nor a son of man, that He should repent; 
Has He said it, and will He not do it?
Or has He spoken, and will He not make it good?
Numbers 23:19 nasb

When we read promises in the Scripture, we don't have to worry about whether or not God will keep His word. He will. If He has spoken, He will make it good.

When He says, "I will never leave you nor forsake you," He means it. (Deut. 31:6)

When He says, "I will return for you," He will do it. (John 14:3)

When He says, "I will remember your sins no more," He does not remember them. (Jer. 31:34)

Almighty God, Lord of Heaven and Earth, is good and faithful. He is a God of His Word. He keeps His promises. That's a great comfort to me when I feel alone and when I'm not sure what to do. If I lack wisdom, I can ask, knowing I will receive because His Word says I will. (James 1:5)

Let's learn from Sam and do what he does. We're only as good as our word, so let's keep it. Because that's what God does. Every single time.
~~~~~~~~
In case you missed one of the Sam stories, here are the links:
#Sam Wiley, #Lessons from Sam, #The Importance of Your Word, #Lines from Leanna


No comments:

Post a Comment