Sunday, February 28, 2016

Telling the Good News


The Wonder Dogs nearly drove me crazy this morning. We got up before dawn because I was speaking early. When I let the dogs out, Maggie started barking like crazy and raced toward the lake. A light in the distance had somehow reflected off the water, and Maggie didn't think it should be there. She barked her heart out at the reflection for longer than I could believe.

There was no danger. There was nothing on the water. It was just a reflection.

Maggie was barking because it's her job to sound the alarm and she is 100% committed to her work.

As disciples of Christ, it is our job to sound the alarm, too.  I wish we were as committed to our job as Maggie is to hers. 

Christ has died for our sin. Christ has risen. Christ is coming again. 

No man comes to the Father except through Him. 

We live in a dark and lonely world where our sin-riddled lives are only a reflection of the adventure God intended. 

Christ came to give us new life and a personal relationship with Him. We, His followers, are charged with the task of spreading the news to the uttermost parts of the earth, beginning with those closest to us. I sometimes wonder how well I'm doing that. I give money to missionaries, which certainly helps carry the cause of Christ to "Judea, Samaria, and the uttermost ends of the earth", but what about my "Jerusalem"? 

It would be tragedy to support missions in foreign lands but fail to share Christ with those closest to us. We have the greatest news of all.  Who have you told about Jesus this week? 

"... you shall be my witnesses both in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and even to the remotest parts of the earth." Acts 1:8 nasb

~~~~~~~~~
Be sure to check the updated Prayer List 
~~~~~~~~~~
 #evangelism #tellingthegoodnews #JesusChrist #wonderdogs #linesfromleanna #LeannaHollis 

No comments:

Post a Comment