Saturday, November 7, 2015

The Grateful Heart: Friends



Yesterday was a long, but good day. I volunteered at the Global Outreach International Mission Conference. My friends, Jan and Linda, volunteered with me. I scheduled us to be there the entire time. I loved being there. I was blessed beyond words. Every hour was precious, but I failed to think about how many hours I would be gone from home.

What I hadn't considered was that the Wonder Dogs would need to go outside. Maggie would need her eye drops. Mamie would want her artificial tears so she could have what Maggie has.  It was my day to close the park. 

My sweet neighbor, Sam, comes to see the Wonder Girls often. They take each other for walks several times a day, but Sam doesn't come after dark. In case you haven't noticed, it's getting dark early these days.

Late yesterday, Jan needed to leave. Linda decided to stay. 

It took at least two people to do our job, so Linda's presence was essential. Her decision to stay was a precious gift.

Nearly an hour after Jan left, I received this text:

"Girls are walked and park is closed. Maggie wanted to go to bed but they are back in the kitchen."

Jan saw my need and met it, and so did Linda.

That's what friends do.

I am blessed beyond words by friends who see needs and meet them, sometimes before I realize I have the need. 

I wish I was as good a friend. 

If you have friends, celebrate that friendship. Spend time together. Help each other. Love. Laugh. Serve. Rejoice.

Cherish your friendship, for our friendships here on earth are just a reminder that there is One friend who sticks closer than a brother, never fails, loves at all times, and has already laid down His life for those who would be His friend.

"Two are better than one, because they have a good return for their work. If one falls down; his friend can help him up. But pity the man who falls and has no one to help him up!"         Ecclesiastes 4:9 nasb
~~~~~~~~
In case you missed any of the past week's posts, here are the links: The Grateful Heart: Predawn StillnessThe Grateful Heart: Orchestration of GodThe Grateful Heart: Avoiding DistractionMaggie: Eye ProtectionMaggie: Wanting Eye Drops, and Grateful Heart: Superheroes and Missions Conference.

The most read posts of the past week: (for the first time ever there's a tie) Maggie:Forgiving and Forgetting and Maggie: Being Light.

#friends #closerthanabrother #loveoneanother #JesusChrist #grateful heart

No comments:

Post a Comment