Tuesday, August 12, 2014

The Stepping Stone

Jesus told us we'd have trouble, and He was right. I wrote that recently, but today it's been on my mind all day. The news I've heard today has ranged from runaway children to uncertain job prospects to businesses in trouble to marital stresses to physical illness, and a plethora of trouble in between. It's sometimes overwhelming and hard to have a wise word in the midst of such circumstances. 

We were discussing troubles this morning and my nurse summed up the situation nicely. "Well, the Lord delivered Jonah out of that whale, and He got Daniel out of that lion's den, and this ain't nothing but a stepping stone." I'm not sure I've ever heard truer words spoken. 

We serve the Great I AM and He can handle whatever comes our way. He has a plan, He knows what it is, and His plan is for good and not evil. That plan of His is about the future, so we don't have to be afraid. It may not look like we expected, but it won't surprise God. In fact, He recommends we be still until He tells us to move. No matter what happens, we do not need to be afraid, because God is our safe place, and He is always ready and willing to help us in time of need. 

For I know the plans I have for you,” says the LORD. “They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope. (Jeremiah 29:11 NLT)

“Be still, and know that I am God! ...” (Psalms 46:10 NLT)

God is our refuge and strength, always ready to help in times of trouble. So we will not fear when earthquakes come and the mountains crumble into the sea. (Psalms 46:1-2 NLT)

If you are faced with trouble and there seems to be no way through, take heart! The One in charge of the entire universe is available to help you, and all you have to do is ask. After all, that trouble is really just a stepping stone in disguise. 

No comments:

Post a Comment