Friday, April 4, 2014

Counting Your Blessings by Dr. Christy Lee

Intro from LH: This is an unusual Friday Night With Friends post. Dr. Christy Lee is not only my cousin, she is the little girl for whom I babysit as a teenager, and the daughter I never had. I love her dearly and am insanely proud of the woman she has become. She sent this to me after the blog post on counting your blessings, and I have listened to it over and over. I've saved the recording to a Dropbox link.  It's as safe as I can make it. Click on the link and then click download. You will be glad you did. It's ministered to me in ways you can't begin to imagine in the last few days, and I am immensely grateful for the wisdom in God's timing. Enjoy!!
---------
 My dearest friends, Phil and Caryn Marlowe, live in Knoxville and are a husband/wife singer team.  She did a production of White Christmas last fall at her high school and we recorded this late one night last August while goofing around.  Phil's dad was in the middle of progressing downward from pancreatic cancer, and my daddy had just gotten the diagnosis of tongue cancer.  Those were frightening times.  It was a very meaningful night, as we played and sang with all the emotion of both families welling up and threatening to overflow.  We shared this recording with both our fathers afterwards, and it has been a blessing to all of us.  Phil's daddy passed away in December.  My daddy is doing well now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment